Saturday, February 22, 2014

Getting to hear the EU Commissioner for Trade Karel de Gucht

On Tuesday, I belonged to those honored people who were invited to attend an event at the Atlantic Council where EU Commissioner for Trade, Karel de Gucht, did a keynote address about the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership.
The audience included government and business professionals, as well as journalists from American and international newspapers and magazines.
Having in mind that several big guys were present, and having in mind to be able to network, I introduced myself to the Head of Economic Affairs from the Embassy of Germany (correct actually: the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany), and his assistant who is in charge of the industry department. We did the DC business as usual business cards exchange.
We'll see if I get the chance to have a coffee, or lunch, meeting with one of them in order to talk about my career goals.

I am very happy I got the chance to attend this event because it was great. I also got again the chance to write an article about it. Here the link to our website where it is published:

http://www.wita.org/en/art/988/

No comments:

Post a Comment